Disciplined investing using only liquid, transparent investment vehicles
As discussed in “Our Models” section, Windsor manages assets by investing long or short in vehicles based on broad Market Indexes, such as the S&P 500.
Accounts are opened in the Client’s name, with Windsor granted a Limited Power of Attorney to effect trades.
- For many clients, this will employ index-based mutual funds. Such mutual fund accounts are titled in the name of the client, with Windsor authorized to exchange among mutual funds but not authorized to withdraw any capital
- Some clients own variable annuities, where gains are deferred until money is withdrawn by the annuity owner
- Our strategies can work well in variable life insurance, where gains can potentially be passed to heirs with little or no income or estate tax
- For parties interested in using our strategies with index futures, our models are also available via one of our affiliates, a CTA
- For most of our models, the accounts above target broad US Equity indexes, including the S&P 500, Nasdaq 100, Dow Jones Industrial, S&P MidCap 400, and the Russell 2000, long and short exposure, depending on the day’s signal
- One model targets high-yield mutual funds, long only
- Some models also offer exposure to the U.S. 20-year bond index (TLT)
Separately Managed Accounts
- In all cases assets are held in the client’s own name, with the rights and privileges that implies